Featured Composers – Score Feed 001:
001. Karim Elmahmoudi has written music ranging from solo piano pieces to large scale symphonic music. His work has been described as epic, bold, dramatic, evocative, colorful, and atmospheric. Mr. Elmahmoudi is based in Los Angeles, California, where he composes for concert stage, film, video games, and new media.
He has worked with Christopher Young on Spiderman 3 and Sleepwalking where he did additional orchestrations and orchestral takedowns. He has also worked with Michael Giacchino on an episode of the hit television show “Lost” where his tasks included arranging, notating, and conducting several cues for the show. In addition, Mr. Elmahmoudi was awarded the BMI Outstanding Achievement Award in 2007.
Website | http://www.karelm.com
Email | KarimElm@yahoo.com
Phone | 310-998-7107
002. Lon Strickland has been composing films since 2000. Using visually inspired melodies, Lon gives your film a unique sound that will always help to support the vision and tone. Contact Lon for competitive rates.
1712 E Chevy Chase Unit i
Glendale, CA 91206
003, 010. Kurt Oldman has scored an impressive number of films and television projects in a variety of genres, all with strikingly original music. The intense disharmonic and frightening score for the dramatic thriller Babysitter Wanted; the violent orchestral intensity to Marco Polo; the propulsive pounding orchestral techno rhythms of Restless Dead; the darkened vocal infused Out Of Mind; the romantic and upbeat comedic All Along; the haunting chords of Fortune Cookie; the eclectic jazzy grooves of Harlem’s Beauty and many others are the work of this surprisingly versatile composer.
Several of the films he has scored have garnered awards including:
- All Along: Best Feature Comedy, Hollywood Film Festival
- Learning To Swim: Showtime Award
- Babysitter Wanted: Best Feature, Nuremburg Weekend of Fear
Sandra L. Rostirolla
Little Pie Artists
P.O. Box 6885
Burbank, CA 91510
Tel: (818) 840 9395
Cell: (818) 632 9395
004. Jeremy Doss strives to provide music that serves the basic needs of the project as well as touches the audience emotionally. If you have a project that requires music, Jeremy would love the opportunity to help tell your story as effectively as possible.
005, 007, 009. Patrick Savage & Spies
Patrick Savage. With a special gift for melody and an expressive range from the most delicately intimate to explosively epic, Patrick Savage is a young British/Australian film composer fast establishing a great reputation in Europe and the United States. Trained at the Royal College of Music in London, Patrick has scored numerous films on both sides of the Atlantic.
He regularly collaborates on film scores with the French composer/producer Holeg Spies.
Holeg Spies is a French composer/producer known for his gift for drama and his unique musical style which has been described as “undefinable, eclectic, destabilizing”.
For almost 15 years, Holeg Spies has taken a global and modernist approach to composition. His unbridled creative alchemy transforms and blends styles with mind-blowing sound-production and breath-taking spacial design. From indie-rock to electronica through world and classical music, Holeg has worked with major record companies such as Universal Japan, BMG and Polygram.
16, Allée Loriak
Tél. +33 (0) 952 432 046
006. Roumen Boyadzhiev Jr graduated from the Sofia Music School and the Bulgarian National Academy of music with percussion, composition, orchestration, and conducting. He has recieved a number of awards from Bulgarian and international contests and festivals as an instrumentalist and composer of classical, theatrical, and pop music. He has supervised and musically directed events such as A.L. Webber´s Jesus Christ Superstar and Evita at the National Music Theatre and has written music for ten movies, the National TV and Radio, and a large number of advertisments.
008. Matt Gates attended the University of Arkansas, the Pacific North West Film Scoring Program, the University of Southern California and the ASCAP Film Scoring Work Shop. He majored in musical composition and film scoring. “From the first moment I understood the mechanics of music I began writing it.” Gates stated in an autobiography.
“I remember those first moments of creative bursts as being the most exhilarating experience of my life to that point. The most important thing in my life from that moment on became recreating that experience for people other than myself. I want to give this gift to people in mass, billions of people would not be too many.”